Sunday 24 April 2016

OUGD401: Practical Exploration (Box Development)

Mockup of Net



Apple Holder


Mockup of Box


This piece of packaging appears very natural looking due to the rough textured brown stock coupled with the one colour hand drawn illustrations printed onto it. The inconsistent texture of the illustrations add to this natural look and the minimal coloured wrap arounds make for an attractive and high class design, which is exactly what I'm aiming for with my piece.

Upon reflection, the chosen box design so far doesn't fit as well with my original aim of having something complex and sleek looking. After looking at other package designs and box nets I replicated a net that I think would fit more suitably to my product concept.




The box consists of three nets, the main box and apple holder inner box and then the outer wrapper that wraps around the main box. A box design like this would give a feel of luxury and better quality than the original box I planned on using.

No comments:

Post a Comment