Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUGD401: Practical Exploration (Establishing my Idea)

Following on from the previous post about aiming to create a brand of single packaged apples than a pack of them using a mixture of trigger words, I found examples of some existing fruit packaging.







I also looked at examples of authentic hand made pieces of work to fit in with what I am trying to achieve with the style of my packaging







A lot of what makes these pieces appear authentic is a combination of the hand written style typefaces and soft pastel colours, usually done in a way that makes them appear hand printed as opposed to a perfect digital printed.

Baring this in mind, I came across a method of printing that felt would fit in perfectly with the look I'm aiming for.



Using the fruit itself to print the textures and shape of the actual fruit itself would make for an interesting and hand rendered look, further adding to this idea of natural and organic.





Something else I wanted to have within my practical piece is this authentic, rustic type making the packaging and ultimately the product seem as though it's worth more because more time and effort has been put into each individual apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment