Sunday 21 January 2018

End of Module Evaluation

This module like with all previous cop modules has been an interesting one for me. This is because having to do so much in depth research requires a big interest into the topic at hand. Essay writing for me has never been my strong point as I’ve always been a much more visual learner. The level of depth in which this essay had to be made it a big challenge to ensure consistent analytical tone all throughout. I think that the dissertation has been my best piece of writing to date, only through learning from past years of doing did I begin to better understand the structure, ways of research and piecing together that goes into an essay.

Being able to explore and ultimately find an answer to my question ‘in what ways is there a need for social responsibility in relation to the designer?’ was very rewarding, especially considering the copious amounts of reading and writing that went into the essay. This is one subject that I feel given the chance I would want to explore into more depth as I feel there was a lot that I missed out upon by not taking advantage of it at the time. The fact that this subject is so in depth that there would be ample room to continue reading and writing and ultimately creating a response to this question.

Although I’m happy with the outcome I feel as though there are a couple of ways I could have improved this module. Doing more first hand research definitely could have helped in developing and supporting my ideas and arguments both within my essay and then my practical piece. Methods such as interviews and questionnaires could have helped a lot more in finding out in today’s times people’s thoughts and views on social responsibility itself as opposed to purely relying on books from past times. I think also exploring my initial ideas in more depth before settling for my main idea could have helped in broadening my horizon as far as final outcomes go.

Ultimately, the module as a whole has helped to better my interest in not only social design but in research based design as a whole as having an extensive amount of research helps to justify every design decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment