Thursday 18 January 2018

Initial ideas for the website layout

The main aspect of my website is the manifestation of advice, considerations and guidelines that will form a somewhat 'code of ethics' to give designers and creatives alike a good basis of how to become more ethical in their practice.


My first and original idea was to create a more structured layout that would allow for the user to click and expand the box to reveal a little bit more information about the individual responsibilities. The one problem I had was that it feels too linear and too structured, something I'm trying to avoid given it's a trait of a typical manifesto.

My second idea was to create a interconnected network of responsibilities that wouldn't have a sizeable limit, it could continuously be added to and expand into the foreseeable future as times change. With this would come the possibility for designers to add their own responsibilities that may have been overlooked or not considered previously, which brings through this sense of community I've mentioned before. Creating a level playing field for designers to work from as opposed to a hierarchal system that manifestos typically follow. This idea also feels a lot more interactive than the others which is what I'm trying to encourage, more involvement and interaction from other creatives, not just from myself.

My third idea was to create a carousel of responsibilities where the user could experience one at a time in detail. This feels again a little too linear much like my first idea which is what I'm trying to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment